We did play a little with heart related things today.
(naomi loves copy work and I NEED to point out what a wonderful day I had with her. perhaps she’s beginning to turn the corner and return to comfort).
We even found these coloring pages to tie in our main focus with love & valentine’s.
In a book in which I was hunting out our Monday baking day option in, I came across the following project. We had so much fun making these little creatures–it will be hard to eat the last one! But, baking them again will be NO problem.
They just kept getting cuter…
To make your own? Just make your favorite roll recipe (a yeasty one).
- Roll the dough into balls about the size of a large lemon
- brush with a milk/egg wash
- pinch and squeeze one end to form the face
- snip about 1/2 inch deep with scissors at a 45degree angle from the back side.
- Add the cranberries/currants/raisins/etc (make certain to press firmly!)
- Bake according to the recipe, and delight your kids, family and friends! Naomi kept trying to think of good reasons to have a party just so we could share them. Surely we’ll think of something, beyond just the rolls, sometime!
And–if you’re already celebrating love today, Annette–you have another reason! You win the giveaway! Just make sure I have your address and I’ll ship it out pronto.